The Ring of Beara Cycle Kenmare is one of Ireland’s best sportifs. It is the aim of the organisers and all involved that everyone who takes part has a safe and enjoyable event. To help achieve this please bear the following in mind:
- Know the rules of the road and adhere to these at all time, all roads are open to other traffic.
- Put the emergency number (087 1221234) in your phone before the event, it is also printed on your event wristband which you will receive in your registration pack.
- If you have bike trouble, call the emergency number to notify them of your issue. Keep an eye on landmarks by which you can help identify your location. A mobile bike mechanic will endeavour to get to you. Make sure to turn your bike upside down so as to make identifying you easier for these services.
- Help each other out. If you come across someone struggling, see if you can help and if they have rung the emergency number.
- Be courteous, remember there are cyclists of all skills and abilities on both routes.
- Do not cycle more than two abreast at any time.
- Take particular care and attention on downhill, wet or gravelly sections.
- Do not race – this is a sportif and racing is not permitted.
- Please be aware services will only be available on the routes from 8.30 to 18.00
- Have fun – this is a great event and you’ll have great craic if you embrace the spirit of the event and enjoy meeting new people out on the route.
The Ring of Beara Cycle Kenmare takes place on Saturday 25th of May 2019.