If you have registered to start the Ring of Beara Cycle from Kenmare, please read the following event day information.
When and where is event sign in?
All cyclist must sign in and collect their event information pack. This will take place in a marquee located on the main square in Kenmare. Please note no new registrations will be accepted on Friday 25th or Saturday 26th May.
Event Sign in Times:
- Friday 25th 5pm-9pm
- Saturday 26th 6:30am-8am
What do I need to bring to sign in?
You will receive a text message on Thursday the 24th of May with your race number. Please present this when you are signing in.
What do you get at sign in?
You will receive an event information pack which includes:
- Detailed event information and route map
- Bike sticker- to be attached to your seat post . Without this bike ID you will not be able to enter the start area or avail or on route services / supports and food stops.
- Wristband- You will need to wear your wristband to access the food and refuel stops on the routes
*please note there is a checkpoint along the route. Any cyclists who does not have a wristband and bike sticker will be turned back to Kenmare.
What time does the cycle start?
Saturday at 8.30am in Kenmare main square. If you wish to leave earlier you may do so, but you will not have the support of stewards, mechanical or medical cover on the route until 8:30am.
What facilities are on the day?
On both routes the food, water and toilet facilities will be located as follows:
- Ardgroom (35km)
- Allihies (60km)
- Castletownbere (80km)
- Glengarriff (123km)
- Ardgroom (35km)
- Castletownbere (50km)
- Glengarriff (83km)
Please place all your rubbish in the bins provided at each feeding station. Feel free to report to our marshals if you see anyone littering.
What do I need to bring on the cycle?
- Your bike must be road worthy and in good working order
- Helmet (every cyclist is required the wear a helmet)
- Water and snacks
- Spare tubes and pump
- Mobile phone and emergency phone number
- Windproof top – it’s not uncommon to get 4 seasons in one day in Ireland.
Where will the cycle finish?
The cycle will finish in Kenmare town.
Is there designated car parks for this event?
You will be directed to designated car parks by marshals on approach to Kenmare town on Saturday Morning the 26th of May. Please park your car in designated car parks and cycle down to registration in the square in the center of Kenmare town.
If you are staying in hotel or B&B accommodation for the weekend please cycle down to registration.
If you have a question that is not answered above please don’t hesitate to contact us.